What's new

Windows Update Problem

GegeNY

Hello,
I have a Surface 3 Pro with windows 10, trying to update, and it doesn't do it.
It stay like the picture here, nothing move, no update button, nothing I can do. The download stay at 0%.
Maybe you can tell me what the problem is.
I thank you very much for the help.

Attachments

• surface.jpg
    surface.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 492

seyclone

Hello,
I have a Surface 3 Pro with windows 10, trying to update, and it doesn't do it.
It stay like the picture here, nothing move, no update button, nothing I can do. The download stay at 0%.
Maybe you can tell me what the problem is.
I thank you very much for the help.

I just had the same problem. I tried a regular re-start. That didn't work. Finally, I ran disk-clean, both regular and system. Then I did a hard reset (hold the power button down for 15 - 20 seconds) and restarted the computer. This tactic worked and the update installed. I think this is standard Windows Bulls--t, the reason that I Freaked out when Ford announced that it was running a Microsoft OS to run the electronics in its cars. I can see it now - "To reset the system, pull to the side of the road - run the drivers window down and up 3 times with your foot on the brake and the trunk lid open - Then re-start the car and idle at 2000 RPM for 30 seconds - Turn off the car and re-start again - this should re-set the system and allow normal operation" :)

dleuen

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and followed this procedure to fix it.

Link removed, forum guidelines violation

Rant mode time. I'm a software developer for some enterprise critical software. We provide an update feature in our software. Updating is THE ONE FUNCTION you just can't allow to be broken. Period. No excuses. How can Microsoft not get that? To make it even more disturbing this is their own software on their own hardware. Seriously Microsoft?

Last edited by a moderator: