What's new

Windows update stuck at 44% downloading updates

nnthemperor

Help! Win update has been stuck at 44% downloading some security updates and I don't have any way to abort the download and restart. It's not affecting my use of the device, but i figure it might be preventing other updates. Any advice?

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

Ran the diagnosis, but it could resovle the issue. Error message "service registration is missing or corrupt". Any idea what that means? Thanks again

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ran the diagnosis, but it could resovle the issue. Error message "service registration is missing or corrupt". Any idea what that means? Thanks again
Rebooting should end anything running :)

The tool is a black box, just let it Fix the issue if it can.

There are manual procedures for Resetting Windows Update also. I think the Fixit linked here is the same but ya never know... run it too.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Oldsalt

I had multi failure to upgrade my SP3, in the end I backed up all of my important files/photo's etc. Initiated a recovery to factory settings. After rebooting from recovery, there was a number of W8.1 updates. Following this the W10 installed without anymore failures. The only issue I have had was random loss of connection with my bluetooth mouse, which now appears to have resolved itself.