What's new

Wireless Keyboard Adapter for SP3 and all my stuff

Chris Grew

Looks a good idea, but I do like the Microsoft Wedge keyboard, which is what I use most of the time unless on the move.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Mobile-Keyboard-Standard-Packaging/dp/B008TM581M

The two AAA batteries have worked non stop for about 6 weeks with no sign of slowing up or running out.

I have a Kensington case with blue tooth keyboard for my iPad4 - not been on since I bought the SP3 - and have used that on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Just seems a great idea. The battery on that that seems to last forever after a charge.

Best regards

Chris

Kif

Honestly it's too expensive. I purchased my Logitech K810 for less and it's a superior keyboard. Thanks for the info anyways.

Chris Grew

Hi ptrkhh,

Not sure about the 'Long battery life' as we have seen above danielrp talks about 8 months and still going. No way are rechargeables going to last that long!

The 2nd point of Deeper key travel, must be more of a personal thing. I have been touch typing for over 40 years and cannot see any problem with the key travel on the Wedge.

The 3rd point does indeed seem a good idea and I can see it being a very good selling point. Wish I had know about the keyboard before I bought the Wedge.

Don't get me wrong, the Logitech K810 which by the way is about the same price I paid for my Wedge keyboard, could be a great product, just not sure I can see it as being superior, but maybe 'better' for some use cases.

Best regards

Chris

riggi

I have the K810 and it is superb. One of the best keyboards I've typed on, but everyone is going to prefer a different type of keyboard. I like the island style keys better than the flat chicklet type keys. It makes it easier to feel for keys. Especially ones like Esc, del and the cursor keys that I use a lot in the programs I use.

The battery life is amazing, I get about a month with every work day use. Plus, it recharges via micro USB and you can still use it whilst charging off either the sp3 USB port or any USB charger.

It is backlit.

As mentioned, it has 3 separate BT pairing profiles. You just press a key and it will switch between devices in 1-2 seconds.
I use it all the time with my SP3 and Vivotab Note 8, I also have it paired with my Samsung Note 3, but rarely use it with that, however, I can when I feel the need.

enthuz

Looks a good idea, but I do like the Microsoft Wedge keyboard, which is what I use most of the time unless on the move.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Mobile-Keyboard-Standard-Packaging/dp/B008TM581M

The two AAA batteries have worked non stop for about 6 weeks with no sign of slowing up or running out.

I have a Kensington case with blue tooth keyboard for my iPad4 - not been on since I bought the SP3 - and have used that on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Just seems a great idea. The battery on that that seems to last forever after a charge.

Best regards

Chris

That's expensive. It can be had for much cheaper...

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-U6R...soft+wedge+mobile+keyboard&pebp=1417017180149

Chris Grew

Kif

I could give some reasons:
1. Long battery life
2. Deeper key travel
3. Compatible with multiple devices (it even pairs to up to 3 BT devices at once)

4. Media keys which I use to raise and lower the volume. The Microsoft keyboard is sorely missing this feature.