What's new

Without Buttons it's not Pro

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The VAIO Z Canvas does allow, and is designed to be used with, the keyboard detached from the tablet. Not being a person who uses those softwares I assume that would be for using hot-keys instead of specific buttons.

With a Surface 4 you would need either a Bluetooth keyboard of which there are many even ones made by Microsoft or a wireless USB Keyboard.

Or just software that's been designed for touch.

To me it's simply the wrong tool for the job argument. If you know you need key shortcuts etc, and you know the surface pro doesn't have them,then why buy a surface pro when there is something g like a wacom that is specifically tailored to your needs. this argument is nothing to do with it being pro or not.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or just software that's been designed for touch.

To me it's simply the wrong tool for the job argument. If you know you need key shortcuts etc, and you know the surface pro doesn't have them,then why buy a surface pro when there is something g like a wacom that is specifically tailored to your needs. this argument is nothing to do with it being pro or not.
Not all software is designed for touch (Edge) so sometimes you have to use what's available.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not all software is designed for touch (Edge) so sometimes you have to use what's available.

Kind of my point. If the software used isn't designed for touch, then you need a machine that fufills your needs. Clearly for the OP the surface is not right for him, as he demands shortcut buttons. It's got nothing to do with the legitimacy of calling it a pro device though.

WildKarrde

When I first heard they were deleting the windows button I was disappointed, but the more I thought about it, the more I'm ok with it. It gets in the way so often.....