What's new

Women - Do you intend to carry your Surface in your purse?

jneikum

I absolutely hate laptop bags. They are ugly, and they scream "Steal my bag, there's electronics in it!"

I have been on the search for the perfect purse in which to carry my Surface to work and back and not have to lug around something hideous or bulky.

Here's what I ended up buying, because I like the way it looks and hope the Surface fits, which I believe it will.

Nine West Ferry Handbag - Candy Apple | Boscov's

Ladies, what do you intend to use?

OP
J

jneikum

So, I know this topic didn't catch on, which I didn't expect it to in this type of forum, but I just wanted to share that the case I ordered for the Surface Pro came in from Amazon and it fits perfectly in my bag. This made me even more excited for Saturday!

bosamar

Nice bag. Never saw this thread the first time around. Plenty of room for the charger.

Russ

So, I know this topic didn't catch on, which I didn't expect it to in this type of forum,

JN --

Hey, c'mon. Whadd'ya expect when you're hangin' out with a bunch of Neanderthals?

Thanks for the link. I will pass it along to my Ladyfriend. If all goes well, I will be picking up her Surface Pro on Saturday. She is really excited about it, so I will have to get busy and set it up for her.

Take care,
Russ

OP
J

jneikum

JN --

Hey, c'mon. Whadd'ya expect when you're hangin' out with a bunch of Neanderthals?

Thanks for the link. I will pass it along to my Ladyfriend. If all goes well, I will be picking up her Surface Pro on Saturday. She is really excited about it, so I will have to get busy and set it up for her.

Take care,
Russ

Haha! No of course not. I just knew most of the forum would be looking for European carryalls! ;-)

OP
J

jneikum

Nice bag. Never saw this thread the first time around. Plenty of room for the charger.

I've gotten a lot of compliments on it already, and that's before getting to whip my beautiful Surface out of it! I was afraid of it being not quite tall enough, but it's perfect!

Snowshoes

Ladies, what do you intend to use?

My current purses aren't really big enough, so I might have to go shopping for a new one :) but I'd want separate compartment or a good sleeve first. I've got too much scratchy crud and compact dust in the bottom of all my bags. ::dunno:: it all just collects there.

VickiFL

I keep my SP3 in a sleeve, that also holds the pen. I recently bought this backpack because I got it on a REALLY good sale at Macy's for $143.00. I got it in black because I hated the other colors. In the sleeve, my SP3 fits perfectly, plus my personal stuff too. I don't carry a purse anymore, just this. I am in poor health, so it helps to distribute the weight evenly too.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/search?keyword=coach+back+packs

annabanana

I haven't seen a purse I like that would accommodate the SP3 and I hate changing purses back and forth. Most of the time I take my SP3 in a padfolio that I got at Office Max. It fits just right and there's a apace for pens and papers. That Michael Kors bag looks nice but it is pricey.

enthuz

Yes, it is. She also swaps between her Dooney Burke (?) and other totes of lesser value depending on what she is wearing. It is funny, because she uses bags of that size regardless of what she is carrying, so most give the surprised look when she pulls it out to do work.