What's new

Wonder when MS will solve the external monitor zoom problem?

tonyz3

I don't think people think about the price they pay for being early adopters of new technology. As for me I don't use 150% and have an external Monitor I use as my Main Screen in the 'docked' configuration. The touchscreen Dell S2340T Monitor is like BUTTA, as they say. I LOVE it. Someone on these forums put the idea to get the monitor in my head. I forget who it was now as the post was part of a response to something unrelated. Whoever you are, thank you, its the ultimate accessory for any system.
You are welcome. :LOL:

heed

So, with gdipp, you just install the x64 version and forget it? Do you need to edit the settings xml file initially?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

So, with gdipp, you just install the x64 version and forget it? Do you need to edit the settings xml file initially?

You install the x64 version and forget it. I recommend the gdipp_x64_0.7.6 version. One thing. This will NOT work with IE 10.0 or Office 2013. However it works beautifully with Firefox with one caveat, you have to go into Advanced Settings and turn off Hardware Acceleration. If you add an app that doesn't seem to be working, just rerun the .msi.

apoc_reg

One of the first thing I did with my pro was take the DPI back to 100%, makes everything much sharper. Granted desktop is hard to use with touch but I always use the stylus and touch cover so thats not a problem. Touch still then works great for Metro style stuff.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I really wish the SP had gone with an 11.6 inch screen instead of a 10.6. Would have made 100% zoom far more tolerable.