What's new

Worth changing from an iPad ?

Dracoid

Hello !
I actually own an iPad mini 2, 32 Go. That's a nice and lightweight device, but quite useless: i'm student and i use it only once a week, to read pdf files. Otherwise, anything i could do with my iPad can be done faster with my phone (an LG G2, no iTunes is required in contrary of the iPad). Sometimes i find people on selling websites (Leboncoin, i'm from France) who are interested in trading their Surface Pro 1 for an iPad; Is it worth the change ? I love the Surface concept (having a whole computer in a tablet size) but i've heard that Surface Pro 1 had a really bad battery life : Is it a huge problem ? I also have a laptotp for heavy tasks (an Asus RoG G551)
Also, are there any other problems with the Surface Pro 1 ? Will i have problems in the future if i get an "old" surface pro 1 ?
Thanks !

jrioux

...Also, are there any other problems with the Surface Pro 1 ? Will i have problems in the future if i get an "old" surface pro 1 ?
Compared to your iPad mini, the SP1 weighs a ton (actually 910g vs 331g). The other complaints for all Surface Pros are heat and fan noise.

If you can, try to get a SP2. Its battery life is much better than the SP2 and the kickstand has two positions.

leeshor

I have a friend who had a Mini and now has a Surface Pro 4. He still uses the Mini but it's down to a single app he's using.

dicks

iPad uses mobile OS, with very limited capabilities. Try to get a Surface 3 PRO which is a really nice device with a lot of capabilities.