What's new

Would you like to see VLC for Windows 8, RT and WP8?

Why not just make the desktop version of VLC touch friendly? i.e. skin with larger buttons, ability to swipe left/right on the video to fast forward/rewind, double tap the screen to pause, etc...

Richard W.

So, this is dead in the water?

Have been using my Black Friday special RT all these months and I love many things about it, but then something like this gets in the way.

bertopl

I believe there was an update so I tried it again. still crashes for me but almost never right at startup. never stays open for me for more than about a minute though, then it just quits. managed to play a couple short clips but still very buggy for me. mine is constantly "indexing" but never shows any content on its home screen. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with most of my media being stored on the sd card.

bertopl

how long did yours take to index? I have about 3600 songs and it never finished indexing but like I said, the app would constantly quit. I really want to get this to work!!

kundas1

So when is this coming for the RT? I'm really starting to get fed up with how long it is taking, it shouldn't take 2 bloody years to release this, if so this guy needs to find a new day job!

oion

VideoLan is a nonprofit run by a bunch of volunteers, not some paid venture for a single guy or even group (the Kickstarter supposedly was to help with the cost overhead while still keeping the ultimate software product free). Regardless, our best bet is to apply pressure to their official forums and social media like Twitter, I guess. Linked above.

Weren't some of the Windows RT APIs combined with Windows 8.1 Phone or something? I'm behind on the news for this bit, but maybe the backend is a moving target at the moment when it comes to RT. (No idea.)

kundas1

So 1) there is a bunch of them, and they STILL can't get it released almost 2yrs? and 2) sorry nonprofit doesn't compute when they received over $45,000 of donations from people who want to see VLC player on the Surface RT, so to me there's absolutely no excuses for taking so long... sounds like your making excuses for them. Their actions just say to me thanks for the money suckas!