What's new

Would you trade your SP3 for an SP4?

VickiFL

Microsoft will give me $400.00 for my SP3 to trade in for an SP4. It is a very tempting offer, but I'm not sure it's really worth it. I'm eyeing the 999.00 i5 model. Would you do it?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well last i checked a few weeks ago I could quite easily get £500 for that model on ebay (not to mention i also have a year of complete left without any claims)

Trading sure is convenient, but you almost ALWAYS get fleeced.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So 599 +130 for SP4 keyboard.
Trade-ins are never a great deal and you could probably get 500-650 (first page of listed used ones on Amazon IDK why anyone would pay more) selling it yourself but you would be relieved of the hassle and get instant gratification of getting what you want now.

I wouldn't fault anyone for taking the easy way. Maybe you'd save $100-200 selling it yourself.

I'm guessing you don't *need* it, same as me, :) but if you *want* it and your time is valuable it's one less thing to worry about.

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

So 599 +130 for SP4 keyboard.
Trade-ins are never a great deal and you could probably get 500-650 (first page of listed used ones on Amazon IDK why anyone would pay more) selling it yourself but you would be relieved of the hassle and get instant gratification of getting what you want now.

I wouldn't fault anyone for taking the easy way. Maybe you'd save $100-200 selling it yourself.

I'm guessing you don't *need* it, same as me, :) but if you *want* it and your time is valuable it's one less thing to worry about.

I already have the SP4 keyboard, so I wouldn't have to spend that money. I would need Complete. Too bad they don't transfer it.

No, I don't "need" it. I have complete coverage on this SP3 until 2017. I've never sold anything on Amazon.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already have the SP4 keyboard, so I wouldn't have to spend that money. I would need Complete. Too bad they don't transfer it.

No, I don't "need" it. I have complete coverage on this SP3 until 2017. I've never sold anything on Amazon.
I was just using that to gauge prices (finger in the air) for wherever you sold it. There are some crazy prices on there too... I suppose they get a bite once in a while ;) (sucker born every minute) but if you check pricing IDK why someone would pay extra outside of reasonable condition variance. :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

I saw that too. Being a new seller of used items, I probably wouldn't get get many bites.

kiwigirl

The only way I would upgrade is if MS allowed me to straight swap without me having to pay anything.

Essentially we should be able to upgrade for FREE!

$170CDN for a keyboard? No, cause the price isnt justified!