What's new

Would you trade your SP3 for an SP4?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder because it's not the first time she has implied this in other threads.
When I can get a free iPhone/iPad upgrade I'll get on the band wagon. It could be an interesting strategy, free hardware and free software. However the per use purchases and ADs will be killer. :D Let's see who tries it first.

CrippsCorner

When I can get a free iPhone/iPad upgrade I'll get on the band wagon. It could be an interesting strategy, free hardware and free software. However the per use purchases and ADs will be killer. :D Let's see who tries it first.

Can't remember the name of it now, but there is that mobile network that is completely free forever... only you have to watch a couple of ads per day to use the phone!

macster

I would not trade my SP3 for an SP4 at this time. The reasons are that there are/have a number of teething pains for each iteration of the Surfaces. Although they do get "resolved" the hassle and angst are not worth it for me. As MS continues to fine tune the OS ( I feel like everyone is an insider, just on a different track) things will get better. From a SWAG the W10 OS is probably at 85% (<--- just a number) of where it "will be" hence the "free ride" for now. Anyway back on topic, each new hardware configuration of the Surface will bring it's own unique systematic problems, but with the costs being what they are, it is just not fun to have deal with "problems" on a new and expensive "toy."

(No logic or thought was given, harmed or consulted in coming to the above conclusion)

M~

D-Sport

I would not, Only upgraded because i still had an SP1. I would be dissatisfied if i upgraded from a 3

bsnguy

I upgraded from an SP3 (didn't trade it; still have it). I am much happier except for the following annoyances:

1) I have three docks and the SP4 doesn't fit just right. I am trying to get the promised spacers to fix that, but no luck to date.

2) Video driver crashes while web browsing. Comes back, however, with minor issues.

My SP3 would run hot, not come out of sleep, crash, etc. I went through five copies of hardware and never could this be solved. So far, SP4 is rock solid with none of those issues. I also like the (slightly) better screen and the new type cover is much better! (Granted, it would work on the SP3, also, so upgrade that if you'd like a better typing experience.)