What's new

Xbox controller

R0bR

So I have a Xbox controller with a charge cable attached and I plug that into the Surface and it sees it according to device manager. However, when I turned it on my Xbox in the basement turns on, is there a way to not have the Xbox recognize it? It doesn't work at all with the Surface even though its enabled.

TeknoBlast

You'll probably need the wired Xbox controller or the wireless with the USB wireless receiver. I don't think the play n change will work since it wont pass the drivers.

OP
R

R0bR

ok, that makes sense. So I should be able to just buy the wireless receiver then link my regular Xbox controller to it.

mrasmussen

I have an Xbox wireless receiver hooked up to my surface and my Xbox wireless controller hooked up to that. Works great, I've played a few games and its really cool.

Sin

I need to buy a wireless adapter. Just wish they made one that was a bit more portable.

OP
R

R0bR

Too bad MS didn't think of adding a receiver and sync button on the Surface itself, that would have been killer.

OP
R

R0bR

Ok, so...I received my wireless receiver today, plugged it in but it wasn't recognized. No problem, manually looked for a driver found it and it installed. Grabbed my wireless Xbox Controller and attempted to connect to the receiver, first try it turned on my Xbox, turned off the Xbox and pressed the sync button on the receiver and controller but it wouldn't connect. When I tried to sync the light on the controller kept spinning around and around while the receiver just flashed. Is there a trick to this? I tried multiple times.