OP
H

HB_xxx

Open Music app.
Touch my music.
Touch album.
Touch play album.

Does the same thing one song at a time.
All metadata looks correct just the next track on the album plays.

After messing with it now it seems to be limited to one album. Still weird. It seems to me that the cloud sync some how got messed up. Know of a way to clear that?

Uh, I have come to expect random glitches with Microsoft software as the norm. Just have to power through it. O

J515OP

Super Moderator
It's not for some strange reason - shuffling?

Nope they play in order just the audio is one track ahead of the indicated track and info. I might try turning shuffle on and see what happens.

Uh, I have come to expect random glitches with Microsoft software as the norm. Just have to power through it. O

Exactly. I'm not worried about it. I totally get this is a new OS version and first gen hardware. The good thing is this is updated on a continual basis as is traditional for Windows vs. periodic mobile Os updates like WP, iOS and Android where you may have to wait a long time for issues to be resolved via update. That isn't to say some problems won't persist for a very long time but I understand that there are priorities and a strange Music app glitch shouldn't be MS's priority :D

JP

OP
H

HB_xxx

Nope they play in order just the audio is one track ahead of the indicated track and info. I might try turning shuffle on and see what happens.

Exactly. I'm not worried about it. I totally get this is a new OS version and first gen hardware. The good thing is this is updated on a continual basis as is traditional for Windows vs. periodic mobile Os updates like WP, iOS and Android where you may have to wait a long time for issues to be resolved via update. That isn't to say some problems won't persist for a very long time but I understand that there are priorities and a strange Music app glitch shouldn't be MS's priority :D

JP

I had a weird deal where Xbox music would not recognize an album I added but it showed up under "songs." Eventually gave up and Re ripped and it worked. I just get frustrated because I get that it needs a touch interface, but it's not like they don't know how to make a good full featured media player! After all it is the same company that makes windows media player! It's probably a different division of Microsoft so one hand has no idea what the other is doing.

pwaggs

Still kills me that Xbox music does not include a full fledged podcaster. I like the improvements thus far, but we are still not there yet.

OP
H

HB_xxx

There is a home button in the upper left corner...

You mean the back button? That does not always go back to the home screen. If you have been searching through numerous albums and artists, you have to cycle through them all to get back to the main screen.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You mean the back button? That does not always go back to the home screen. If you have been searching through numerous albums and artists, you have to cycle through them all to get back to the main screen.

Nope, I have a Home Button in the Upper Left Hand Corner xboxmusichomebutton.JPG

repinca

Still kills me that Xbox music does not include a full fledged podcaster. I like the improvements thus far, but we are still not there yet.

Ugh, yes please. I'm using Slapdash and I hate having to manually download and everything I used previously is not there. There's probably a better solution, but I'm too lazy to look.