What's new

xo skins, LOVE IT!!!

bertopl

so after my blooper with the decalgirl rt skin not fitting my pro, I found xoskins and I love it!! super easy to apply, unlike some of the wet application clear skins. the skins are nice and thick and looks like it'll protect the surface from any minor external scuffs. I picked the black carbon fiber look. what I like about the skins is that they aren't simply printed to look like carbon fiber like some other decals I've seen. this one actually has a texture. here are some pics:

xo_skin_surface1.jpg

xo_skin_surface2.jpg

another nice thing is the skin doesn't show any fingerprints so I'm not wiping the thing down all the time. highly recommended!!

-- berto

OP
bertopl

bertopl

the front of my machine looks factory. I believe that they do make a front piece that borders the screen not sure. I've researched so many sites I honestly don't remember. the ones I've seen look like a frame around the screen. I wouldn't have installed one anyways as I have a clear screen protector that would have interfered with the front piece anyways. another interesting thing I found out is that I've read that some of the Microsoft retail stores actually sell similar vinyl decals and install them on your hardware for you on the spot. I believe they use "skinit" skins there. I haven't been back to my local Microsoft Store here in Vegas to confirm they have them but they look nice too!! just really like the textured feel of the carbon fiber skin I got. I don't know if they're aware of it, but they actually sent me two complete sets!! nice to have the extra set in case this thing starts peeling or anything but it feels pretty durable.

TeknoBlast

I can confirm that the Microsoft store does print and install skins. I haven't been to the one in Houston in months, but at the time I went, this was before the Surface came out, I purchased a Texans skin for my Xbox from the store. I'm sure if they can print it out for the Xbox, they'll do it for the Surface.

hoodie

so after my blooper with the decalgirl rt skin not fitting my pro, I found xoskins and I love it!! super easy to apply, unlike some of the wet application clear skins. the skins are nice and thick and looks like it'll protect the surface from any minor external scuffs. I picked the black carbon fiber look. what I like about the skins is that they aren't simply printed to look like carbon fiber like some other decals I've seen. this one actually has a texture. here are some pics:

View attachment 383

View attachment 384

another nice thing is the skin doesn't show any fingerprints so I'm not wiping the thing down all the time. highly recommended!!

-- berto

My work ordered one for us to test our software on, thanks for posting the pics, I am in the process of convincing them to get these for it.

OP
bertopl

bertopl

xoskins sent me a replacement skin because I had complained about the fit. I actually have two of them (back only in black carbon fiber) laying around since they for some reason sent me two skins the first time around. I've since went with a stickerboy skin so the two xoskins I have are just laying around. if anybody wants them, let me know and maybe we can work out a decent deal, I don't need them anymores.