What's new

Yeah! Nook app is finally in the Store

grahamtwatson

It looks really nice from the first quick look I've given it so far, although it does seem somewhat slow, and I can't find a way to sideload my existing .epub books, but it's really good news for those of us who have or had Nooks in the past.

guitar1969

It looks really nice from the first quick look I've given it so far, although it does seem somewhat slow, and I can't find a way to sideload my existing .epub books, but it's really good news for those of us who have or had Nooks in the past.

And why is this in the games forum????

Thunder7

I have never used a Nook or its apps....and I have been thinking about no longer renewing my magazines in old paper mail delivery form. In the nook app, do magazine subscriptions go move between devices with the account?

J515OP

Super Moderator
I have never used a Nook or its apps....and I have been thinking about no longer renewing my magazines in old paper mail delivery form. In the nook app, do magazine subscriptions go move between devices with the account?

Yes, the major players (Google, Amazon and Barnes & Noble) all have apps and content that are available on all devices (PCs, phones and tablets). So all though each is trying to push its own ecosystem on their devices, the reading apps and books are all cross platform. All you do is create the account with an email and it follows you anytime you log in under that account.

Knocks

My Nook app keeps crashing on my Surface Pro even though it works fine on my Windows 8 laptop. It just stays in waiting mode forever and then quits. Can anyone please help me? I've looked at every site that offers Nook help, like Nook Forum and called Barnes & Noble and Microsoft, and all they told me was to update the app, but there is no update!

If any Nook pros can help me with this, I would really appreciate it. I can't read my books until this is fixed!

Last edited:

Knocks

This has started happening to my other 3rd party apps now, not just Nook. :( I guess I'll take the Surface back to the Microsoft store and see if they can do anything.

J515OP

Super Moderator
This has started happening to my other 3rd party apps now, not just Nook. :( I guess I'll take the Surface back to the Microsoft store and see if they can do anything.

Try a refresh and if that doesn't work try a reset (look in the FAQ section for how to do this). Very good change the reset will clear you up but you will need to reinstall apps and updates.

TeknoBlast

Usually when an app hangs on any of my Windows 8 machines, I go back to the Start screen and swipe from the left and close out the problem at. Then I activate the app again and it works again. I also go into Task Manager and close out the process from there.

Bjurn

Hm. I've got my RT just a couple of days so maybe there's a secret trick to search I don't know about yet, but I can't find nook in the store through the searchtool. I do find it in the 'better app store', however when I follow that downloadlink I am directed to the normal app store home page. And guess what: I still can't find nook there.
I downloaded freda but that end up in a permanent thinking/loading on my very first epub :-(
Any help? I already tried reinstalling freda and resetting the tablet.

Last edited:

bosamar

Hm. I've got my RT just a couple of days so maybe there's a secret trick to search I don't know about yet, but I can't find nook in the store through the searchtool. I do find it in the 'better app store', however when I follow that downloadlink I am directed to the normal app store home page.
I downloaded freda but that end up in a permanent thinking/loading on my very first epub :-(
Any help?
Open the Store > Charms Bar> Search > type Nook