What's new

Yearly refresh cycle?

fosking

What's everyones thoughts on this?

I think the Surface 8 will really force people to make a decision between both it and iPad, which is fantastic as a consumer as it forces both companies to keep innovating and pushing the envelope.
We know Apple refreshes each year with tweaks, faster processors etc and I was wondering if people think refreshes will happen yearly and if so would will you be updating?

Ollie

Once a year is great for those that can afford it as long as the support continues for outdated devices. Not everyone can keep up with the Jones'.

J515OP

Super Moderator
MOFO makes a good point. Plus only Apple makes iPad which is unique. There will be many Windows 8/RT tablets by various OEMs. So the refresh cycle will be sort of irrelevant hardware wise. Probably similar to Android in that respect. I don't see Widows refreshing that frequently. Likely it will just be the steady stream of Windows updates with their typical Windows life cycle.

JobsiteFish

I only hope they concentrate on providing good support. Once a year update seems reasonable and pretty standard these days. I probably won't be updating that fast though.