What's new

Yellow hazy vertical line on left side of screen

InspectHerGadget

We have no Microsoft Store here in Perth.

I got the RMA and everything to return it because of the yellow stripe but I use it that much in my work, I can't afford to be without it. It means no customer written notes and I would have to buy a subscription of MYOB in order to get the latest exe so I can set it up on another laptop.

I suppose it is a minor thing but annoying as you do notice it sometimes even though it has no functional effect.

Echrada

I have now received a brand new unit from Microsoft and all is as it should be. Thank goodness as this saga was getting quite drawn out.

InspectHerGadget

I'm still thinking about my issue. It is minor enough I might think about it right up until I sell it one day! On the other hand I may cave in next week and send it in for replacement.

We'll see.

Microsoft are pretty good about fixing their devices. I have confidence although it is a shame when you get issues and as they're business machines for most people, it can be a real problem parting with them in order to get repaired.

InspectHerGadget

I finally, finally sent my i7/256 back to Microsoft. I sent it on Monday last and got it back today so 7 working days which isn't too bad.

I got back a brand new one as far as I can tell. No yellow stripe down the LHS.

I used my Asus F202e in the meantime and it made me appreciate my SP3 all the more.

Great device and I did a positive review on the Microsoft website. It is well deserved. It isn't a perfect device but pretty close.

Clovismod

I've just done an advanced exchange for the same reason. Placed my order Monday, got a new replacement device ( built during the15th week of 2015) by Wednesday. This new one is just perfect. Sent back my old one three days ago. Great MS service. Great device. First time since long one year later, I can't just justify to change a device for another.

bluegrass

I know just about everybody has the faded yellow streak down the left side which shows up some screens more than others. Just for S&G I may take mine to the local Microsoft store and get a new one in June before my extended service plan runs out.

Ordnas

I know just about everybody has the faded yellow streak down the left side which shows up some screens more than others. Just for S&G I may take mine to the local Microsoft store and get a new one in June before my extended service plan runs out.
Mine has a very faint yellow tint on the left hand side. I barely notice it anymore.

jfindon

I noticed mine also has this problem. The other day it must have turned on in my bag and was very warm and it also looked like someone mentioned here, a highlighter down the left side. After it cooled down it looked a little better, and pushing on the screen does temporarily make it go away.

I have Microsoft Complete Care for my SP3, what are the odds I get a new one and not some scratched up refurb that some people have received here? I went through hell to get the one I currently have because every single one had dead or stuck pixels, one had a big chunk out of the casing, and I drove 2 hours multiple times to exchange them in person until they refused me to do it anymore. I found a "good" one (only one stuck pixel) and never noticed anything until recently.

http://i.minus.com/ibJLHhZmliWFi.jpg

SamZzz

I have this on my Surface 3 on all sides of my screen. I don't have MS Complete or anything like that, and there's no MS store locally. Can I get this replaced? I bought it from the MS Store online in Australia.

Grumpy2

I have this on my Surface 3 on all sides of my screen. I don't have MS Complete or anything like that, and there's no MS store locally. Can I get this replaced? I bought it from the MS Store online in Australia.
The Surface Pro3 is covered by a 2 year warranty here in Australia as well as the Australian Consumer Law. I suggest you contact the Msft Surface hotline and explain your case. If you do not get any satisfaction (but I think you will) then you can contact your local Office of Consumer Affairs or the ACCC.