What's new

Yellow hazy vertical line on left side of screen

Posting this here due to mod closing vprevious post (forum is turning into macrumors forum, I swear)... This is still a huge issue it seems, can't just sweep it under the rug.
IMG_20141109_140704.jpg
IMG_20141109_140737.jpg

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should go back and see if you can fix it if you rub vertically up and down the left edge as someone reported here.

jonypx09

I bought my SP3 on September 4 and since then, I've had no instances of a yellow haze on my device. My lot number is 1423.

In what store did you see this unit displayed? Its odd that they would present this unit as their product demo if this was as obvious as you "illustrated"

Metrotown Best Buy / Burnaby, Canada. It's pretty awful. Didn't check the other demo screens, but the entire Surface area is really dirty, with gross touch covers attached to SP3's everywhere. Doubt they sell anything - and of course, the Apple section is pristine.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If the screen has a yellow streak that is on the screen, my guess just like the iPad when it had this issue was the bounding process was botched and the yellow is caused by Crystals getting stuck through the bonding of the screen to the chassis. It shouldn't be on display.

olimjj

Metrotown Best Buy / Burnaby, Canada. It's pretty awful. Didn't check the other demo screens, but the entire Surface area is really dirty, with gross touch covers attached to SP3's everywhere. Doubt they sell anything - and of course, the Apple section is pristine.
Does that that mean that there was no consumer interest in at that section?

olimjj

If the screen has a yellow streak that is on the screen, my guess just like the iPad when it had this issue was the bounding process was botched and the yellow is caused by Crystals getting stuck through the bonding of the screen to the chassis. It shouldn't be on display.
I acted on this hypothesis. I was able to eliminate almost completely the faint yellow streak I had on my SP1, by applying firm pressure with my thumb on the left most bevel edge border of the screen , several times with an up and down motion. Perhaps this action effected those crystals in some way as to lessen their negative impact.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I acted on this hypothesis. I was able to eliminate almost completely the faint yellow streak I had on my SP1, by applying firm pressure with my thumb on the left most bevel edge border of the screen , several times with an up and down motion. Perhaps this action effected those crystals in some way as to lessen their negative impact.
That would make sense....

clrk9000

Mine either develop the yellow streak or I just became aware of the issue because of this forum. In any case, I went to Microsoft Store in Yorkdale Mall in Toronto to have it replaced. Took some convincing the repair advisor to have my SP3 i5 256gb replaced. The replacement, however, has the same yellow streak though a little bit less visible.

Last edited: