What's new

Yellow line on the right edge

Ashanen

Hey

I bought my surface pro from Second hand (from Canada) and it has a yellow line on the right side of the device. I am from Poland and i cant buy surface in my country, but there is actually a ms store in Poland. So there is my question. Can I send it to polish shop? Or should I Drive to Deutschland and give it back there? Another question, can I pay more and replace that surface pro with yellow line for surface pro 2?

Thx for Help,
Ashanen

Last edited:

drolem

I think the LCD is defective on that unit for one reason or another. Not sure about the warranty policy, but you could have issues because you're not the original owner. I wouldn't even try a Polish MS store if it's not sold there -- go to Germany and try to get an exchange there. If you can get the receipt from the original owner that could be very helpful.

OP
A

Ashanen

I have a question. Do You get a name recipe or do You confirm by your name/signature buying a surface pro ? Because I have visited ms webside, and I just registered my surface, and now it's on my MS online account.
THX!

CrippsCorner

I have a question. Do You get a name recipe or do You confirm by your name/signature buying a surface pro ? Because I have visited ms webside, and I just registered my surface, and now it's on my MS online account.
THX!

If you've registered it that should be all you need to do (as long as it's still under warranty) can you not arrange a replacement on the same website? That's how I did mine.

OP
A

Ashanen

@Kayzee

Can u Help me How to manage that replacement? I cant find It on this website :( and I am not sure if they can send It to me, because i am form Poland, and here u cant buy a surface. But I think possitive and they should somehow make It. Do You think the same? The last question is that i have heard that It is possible to replace surface pro for surface pro 2. Can It be?

All the best in the new year!

CrippsCorner

I doubt they'd let you trade up your Surface Pro for a Surface Pro 2... when I traded in my broken iPhone with Apple they wouldn't even give me a different colour as a replacement! If you want to go that route, I think eBay is going to be best.

http://myservice.surface.com is the website I used for my exchange. Let me know how it goes.

gangolfus

I was able to apply for a warranty replacement at that site for this issue. It took a bunch of clicking around, but I finally got there. My new Surface arrived Friday so I am just making sure I have everything moved over and in working order before I wipe and ship the old one back. They are still shipping without 8.1 on them, which seems silly to me, so it took a little while to get everything up-to-date. So far the new one appears to be working great!