What's new

Poll Yellow streak poll (Model + Lot #)

Does your SP3 have the dreaded yellow streak?

• Total voters
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Sigh. Discouraged about the yellow streak. Stopped by my local BestBuy and both of their display models had the yellow streak - actually worse than mine. :-( Now I am nervous about exchanging that I might actually get something worse.

Really hard to believe MS has a QC issue like this.

malberttoo

It should not be hard to believe. It is after all the first-run of this display.

The Retina MacBook Pro's had terrible problems as well right out the door, IIRC.

Not just a Microsoft issue.

T.J. Godin

i5 256GB, Lot# 1426 - Yes, faint yellow line. Note, this is my replacement unit - as the first one had a significant yellow line.

2fstops

I5 8gb lot 1424, very faint and almost unnoticeable on white.. but more visible in gray. Its a shame because this unit is perfectly working, no overheating, no noisy fans, no WiFi issues.. I'm afraid that if I exchange it I might get a good screen but with other more serious issues. Or I end up with a more visible yellow streak.. oh man... I think I will just keep this one since its barely noticeable... I asked a few of my friends, they can't even see it unless I point it out..

i3po

Sigh. Discouraged about the yellow streak. Stopped by my local BestBuy and both of their display models had the yellow streak - actually worse than mine. :-( Now I am nervous about exchanging that I might actually get something worse.

Could you ask if they could open the exchange on site? That way if there is something wrong you can just exchange it on the spot if there is a screen issue.

I think I'm not going to get a surface pro 3 with there being so many reports. I'll a few months or maybe just get a macbook or something.

I5 8gb lot 1424, very faint and almost unnoticeable on white.. but more visible in gray. Its a shame because this unit is perfectly working, no overheating, no noisy fans, no WiFi issues.. I'm afraid that if I exchange it I might get a good screen but with other more serious issues. Or I end up with a more visible yellow streak.. oh man... I think I will just keep this one since its barely noticeable... I asked a few of my friends, they can't even see it unless I point it out..

Yeah, I would either keep it or ask for a refund. I wouldn't expect to get a better screen. It seems to effect a rather large percentage of units.

Len J

Could you ask if they could open the exchange on site? That way if there is something wrong you can just exchange it on the spot if there is a screen issue.

I think I'm not going to get a surface pro 3 with there being so many reports. I'll a few months or maybe just get a macbook or something.

Yeah, I would either keep it or ask for a refund. I wouldn't expect to get a better screen. It seems to effect a rather large percentage of units.

The survey, which is biased by the nature of the site, showed less than a 1 1/2% incidence rate if I recall.... where do you get " a rather large percentage" out of that?

Get one at the store, they will set it ...if it has the yellow that's noticeable to you, have them pull another.

Way too much fear IMO

Len

i3po

The survey, which is biased by the nature of the site, showed less than a 1 1/2% incidence rate if I recall.... where do you get " a rather large percentage" out of that?

Get one at the store, they will set it ...if it has the yellow that's noticeable to you, have them pull another.

Way too much fear IMO

Len

35.1% see a faint line out of 77 people. There should be no line...

Liam2349

These yellow lines are also a thing on macbooks from what I've read.

If you want a macbook then get one, but don't let a shared issue deter you from the Surface. Mine doesn't have a yellow line, and I'm very happy that I bought it.

FlySwatter

Agreed, there should be no line. BUT, there's also no such thing as a perfect product run, and the tighter you get on specs, the more room there is for imperfection. 35% of people polled on this forum have the line. That in no way represents the real world percentage of owners. I'd be really interested to know what that real number is, but we never will.