What's new

Yellow triangle question

tonyz3

I decided to start a new thread with the same question bc the other kind of got off subject. Has anyone got this corrected?.....I did the update yesterday and seemed like everything went smoothly, seemed like all the updates went thru without failing. I even restarted it a few times after with no issues. I finally got time to read thru some threads and saw some people talking about a yellow triangle under device manager. So today I check and noticed a yellow triangle next to Surface pro system aggregator firmware. under propertied it says need to restart computer, so I did but keep in mind I saw this firmware yest and it went thru with the updates, and I even restarted a few times after , So today when I restart it seems to be stuck on the start up screen, finally now it restarts but say failed see attached, Any ideas,

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,029
Last edited:
OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

decided to try a restore point to se if this fixes. Will report back. UPDATE: did a restore pt back to rt before the updates, immediately on restart got a kernel security check failure, restarted and I checked for updates, saw they were all there, but I restarted because one update was ready to install, now I am stuck on the preparing to config windows- don't turn off your computer screen. 10 mins later a restart, than stuck on my picture after I typed in my pin, finally restart, now checking for new updates, YIKES still checking 10mins, UPDATE:well 15 mins finally came up as updates avail, hit restart to install, currently on 4 of 5 crossing fingers, just restarted..now currently on please wait while we install a system update, this is where the problem started before the restore last time, just got a restart, crossing fingers again. Update: well up and running 2 more updates just started them, 1 failed Yikes, going to restart and try the last one, Update checked the firmware which had the yellow triangle, is there and no triangle, checking for additional updates now because one did fail before the last restart,Update Last update failing , did a win update tool fix and now restarting than going to try to update again, after restart now saying preparing to config windows again. Dang,

Last edited:
OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

After all that rt now I am currently stuck on preparing to config windows again going on over 10 mins,

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

Update- Seems that Win 8 update KB 2790907 does upload, but after a few checking for win updates 2 more popped up and doing them first 1 by 1 to see if the last one will go in after them.

HD_Dude

Man, that's rough!

I have no specific advice, since I'm no tech expert. But I had a tough time too with the updates...and kept plugging away, bit by bit.

Finally, I was OK, and everything calmed down. I hope that happens for you too!

Garyjk

there have been a number of people wit hthis issue. when it first installs, you may see the installing system update 3 times until it finally boots the os.
if you restart the pro a couple times and it doesn't go away, shutting it down for a few minutes and then turning it back on has corrected the yellow bang in every instance i've seen.

if tech support doesn't help you, you can try these steps to get the update installed.
in device manager, right click the aggregator and choose properties. on the driver tab, select rol back driver. reboot and check for updates. hopefully it will reinstall the driver. then reboot a few times and then leave it powered off. it may work after a few minutes, i know i had something to do for half an hour and when i turned it back on, the yellow bang was gone.

OP
tonyz3

tonyz3

Thanks for the feedback everyone, even those who responded to the pm's. IT turns out nothing MS tried- 3 hrs + 3 hours before I called them worked. Even after going back further to a restore point I had issues not related to the updates. I think some of the things the MS rep had me try - who sounded like she just transfers from the supermarket checkout line- might have caused other issues. Anyway I decided to REFRESH the pro- and sure enough it fixed all of the issues- so far. I really only had to reinstall only about 4 programs after it was done. ?Everything else was quick and easy set up. and no triangles and all of the updates went thru. So the moral of this dilemma- ________________________________ you decide. :wink: