What's new

Your preferred resolution

xramz

Just wondered what resolution everyone prefers on the Surface Pro 2
I personally use 1600x900 due to the fact everything is easier to see when you're sitting further away from the device.
I use the pro2 as a desktop replacement so it's at the back of my desk next to a 24" screen, with resolution at max it's too hard to navigate when using the screen of the pro2.

Let me know what resolution you prefer and why :D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Standard 1080p with the Surface Pro 2 at 150% and when extended the external is at 100%....

eee

I use 1600x900 and fit it to be perfect. So I think if they release a higher res version of the SP, it should have a 3200x1800 display. Not 2560x1400 or whatever.

GoodBytes

1080p, 100% DPI.

Lower resolution makes everything blurry. Use at least 1080p at 150% DPI. Non high-DPI aware programs will appear blurry, but at least it's not everything.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Using the default Slider Method, not the legacy let me choose option. On the Surface Pro 2 slider all the way to the left is 150 on the SP2's screen and 100 on my external 24" Monitor.

Omni

It would bug me using a 1080p screen and lowering the res even if it didn't blur. I use 1080p at 125%DPI and find it perfect.

OP
xramz

xramz

Mmm interesting. I decided to try out the full 1080 resolution with 125% scaling. I must say I didn't realise how sharp the screen could be
(I never saw any problems with using 1600x900)
I'll give it a try for a few days and decide which I prefer

be77solo

1080p @ 150% scaling here, works well. I would be curious on how to get external monitors to run at 100%, as of now they run at 150% as well.

jefhart

1080p @ 150% scaling here, works well. I would be curious on how to get external monitors to run at 100%, as of now they run at 150% as well.

You can't have external monitors run at a different scale than the actual Surface. In addition, you must log out each time you change the scaling.

I can do that on my SFPro2, stock Windows....

However, I can clearly see it's just running everything at 1.5x then scaling down on the external monitor, making it look slightly blurry.

But I was actually impressed about how nice scaling works on Windows these days.