What's new

Solved Your windows license will expire soon

Seaboss2478

Help! I keep getting this popup after the recent update!

I bought my surface pro 4 almost 2 years ago. I bought it directly from mircosoft store. So its no bootlegged windows! After a recent update it keeps saying this every now and then. Especially when I wake it up. Can someone help me fix this please! I use this for college notetaking and its very annoying!

Russ

Your windows license will expire soon
Seaboss --
Have you been on the Windows Insider program? That is the only way you should be receiving updates with expiration dates. The last major update was a production update, and has no expiration.
Run WINVER and note the data reported. Post back the:
- Version Number & Build Number
- Expiration date, if reported.
Regards,
Russ

OP
S

Seaboss2478

Seaboss --
Have you been on the Windows Insider program? That is the only way you should be receiving updates with expiration dates. The last major update was a production update, and has no expiration.
Run WINVER and note the data reported. Post back the:
- Version Number & Build Number
- Expiration date, if reported.
Regards,
Russ
i fixed it. sometype of bug i guess not sure. surface Pro 4 comes with Pro w10. however thanks for responding :)

For anyone else with this problem this should help
Run cmd in admin mode
type slmgr.vbs/xpr enter
if it says anything on not licnese or gives you date when it shouldnt then try this

type slmgr.vbs/ato enter
if it says anything of pathing issue then (also if the activation menu states a organization needs to activate but its a personal computer)
type slmger.vbs/rearm enter
restart computer

no pop up but this a temp
hit the windows key
search product key
troubleshoot it
if your windows is legit then it will find the online code
this will fix your problem after finishing troubleshoot(if not then find help)

double check
run slmgr.vbs/ato again in cmd admin and it should be license for good.

This worked for anyone who bought a retail version of surface. I believe you must be connected to the internet in order for the online to confrim this
good luck