What's new

Youtube shortcuts in tablet mode

reg

I am trying to migrate from my Ipad to my new Surface Pro 6 and need some help regarding youtube.

On the Ipad, in the youtube app, if I want to forward / rewind a video 10 secs, I just double-click the right / left part of the screen.

I get similar control in keyboard mode in the Surface Pro 6: I can use the right / left arrow keys for 5 sec forward / rewind in youtube.com

But I don't know how to forward / rewind 5 or 10 secs at a time in tablet mode on my SP6.

TIA.

Turbo4AWD

I think the only way this functionality would be implemented is if they made a Windows 10 app for YouTube instead of loading the page in Edge. Hopefully they figure out a way to enable this functionality as I use it a lot on my iOS devices, but do miss it when I'm using my Surface Pro 6 in Tablet Mode.

Plantje

Running into a similar issue here... Every time I want to do something in YouTube, I need to pause the video to get the controls on screen.

In some cases I use myTube. Works nice and every now and then they have a discount that you can get it for free

karu11

i did pay for mytube, but i find myTube Beta better. The beta version kinda performs like the android app version, including a floating player when you go back to browse videos.

Plantje

i did pay for mytube, but i find myTube Beta better. The beta version kinda performs like the android app version, including a floating player when you go back to browse videos.
I wasn't aware of that. But I don't find it the most important feature. Would like larger buttons to pause etc though. When in traffic jams I like to use it to play some videos

OP
R

reg

MyTube has disadvantages as well - you don't have the curated list of what you might like (based on prior preferences) provided by youtube.

Too bad - I hoped that this device would completely replace my Ipad. But it won't. I'll need both. :(