What's new

ZDNet Columnist Posts his thoughts on the Surface

cereal killer

Tablet market is huge and beside the iPad nothing has taken a strangle hold on the market. I believe this is a smart move and will pay off. It's a HUGE gamble and you either crash and burn or you bust out in a big way. I'm going with the latter....

Ollie

The author should get some more sleep and try to write this again. He is focusing on a non-issue with other vendors creating tablets and then purchasing the software to put on it. This is how it works with any other Microsoft device. People want choices and the more vendors that make a tablet the more they will sell.

J515OP

Super Moderator
The author should get some more sleep and try to write this again. He is focusing on a non-issue with other vendors creating tablets and then purchasing the software to put on it. This is how it works with any other Microsoft device. People want choices and the more vendors that make a tablet the more they will sell.

Totally agree. This guy is way off base because he admits that he didn't even want to go to the event in the first place. Sheesh buddy if you didn't want the assignment and you don't want to do your job in a professional manner, I am sure there are plenty of other wanna be tech reporters out there who would happily put a decent article together in your place. I mean seriously isn't it your job to schlep around the world covering this kind of stuff? The least you could do is write a decent article instead of complaining in an incoherent manner.

You are certainly cranky and you may not be crazy but you sure aren't very insightful either.

Edit: Judging by the comments on the article most or your readers disagree with you as well.

Last edited:

dtalexone

LOL.

Well said.

Totally agree. This guy is way off base because he admits that he didn't even want to go to the event in the first place. Sheesh buddy if you didn't want the assignment and you don't want to do your job in a professional manner, I am sure there are plenty of other wanna be tech reporters out there who would happily put a decent article together in your place. I mean seriously isn't it your job to schlep around the world covering this kind of stuff? The least you could do is write a decent article instead of complaining in an incoherent manner.

You are certainly cranky and you may not be crazy but you sure aren't very insightful either.

Edit: Judging by the comments on the article most or your readers disagree with you as well.