What's new

Zune on the Go

Mr. E Man

Hi all! Surface newbie here.

So I'm sure everyone knows Zune Music went to the crapper, and someone stole my ZuneHD. I was hoping I could use my Surface Pro as a hefty replacement to listen to my subscription music though the aux. port on my car's stereo. It works fine until my car gets far enough away to where it disconnects me from my router, then all my songs "cannot be played by this device," or so it says. If I'm not mistaken this tells me I need to be connected to the internet at all times to listen to my downloaded subscription tunes. Is there a way around this so I can use my Surface Pro as a replacement for my ZuneHD? You would think they'd be time stamped just like they were on the ZuneHD. Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks everyone! I hope I am welcomed into the community!

Mr. E Man

OP
M

Mr. E Man

Never-mind... I just tried playing them through windows media player while not being connected. Worked fine. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

bosamar

You need to have a local source (a source hard drive in your car) of your music collection. Sounds to me like your music library is connected to your home network. Get your car player an on-car solution.

OP
M

Mr. E Man

It's working by using the windows media player as a default player. I'll just have to connect every so often to re-sync. Thanks for the advice though.