What's new

Surface Pro 7+ vs Surface Pro 8?

Has anyone been getting blue screens? I believe Windows 11 has done that to both my devices.
I've been getting Blue Screens on my work and personal devices in Windows 10 pretty frequently. I don't think Windows 11 has anything to do with it. In fact, my Gaming Laptop has had ZERO blue screens so far, but I am still in week one of having installed it so I expect Blue Screens in the future for sure.

The reason you don't want to use Chrome is Google. Eventually, people will wise up, and privacy matters.

What browser do you use/recommend? For desktop? SP?

I use Vivaldi, which is a Chromium-based browser like Google Chrome, but without all the Google privacy concerns.

Wait, so because Microsoft Edge is now based off of Chromium, there are privacy concerns with it too???
I was replying to @DavidZ with my preferred alternative to Google Chrome: Vivaldi.

FYI, I personally don't like Edge because it tries a little too hard to lock everything into Bing.

I've been getting Blue Screens on my work and personal devices in Windows 10 pretty frequently. I don't think Windows 11 has anything to do with it. In fact, my Gaming Laptop has had ZERO blue screens so far, but I am still in week one of having installed it so I expect Blue Screens in the future for sure.

The problem has been resolved, but notably it didn't happen to one device until Windows 11 was installed. Was never a problem in Windows 10. Even Microsoft believed a Windows 11 update was behind the Surface Pro 8 blue screens.

Back