What's new

8GB or 4GB?

cardinalryan

I have the 4GB currently, but I am considering returning it for the 8GB.

The most intensive programs I use are Lightroom and Photoshop...will I notice an appreciable difference in performance going up to 8GB? Please offer your thoughts.

Bandito

It's really dependent on your workflow and usage habits.

Do you typically use Lightroom and Photoshop alone with only one or two items open at the same time? Or, do you usually have multiple items open in either application, plus have several other applications open simultaneously? If you're more of the former, then the extra RAM probably won't do much for you. If you're usage is more like the latter, then you may see some performance improvement, though I wouldn't expect it to be a night and day type of difference.

OP
C

cardinalryan

It's really dependent on your workflow and usage habits.

Do you typically use Lightroom and Photoshop alone with only one or two items open at the same time? Or, do you usually have multiple items open in either application, plus have several other applications open simultaneously? If you're more of the former, then the extra RAM probably won't do much for you. If you're usage is more like the latter, then you may see some performance improvement, though I wouldn't expect it to be a night and day type of difference.
I appreciate the input. Thank you.