What's new

A problem of surfacebook

lovedingbao

I have just bought my SB for a week but when I detach the screen I can hear a sound like spring shacking at the right down corner of the screen. It doesn't trouble my using but I don't like the sound at all. Can I exchange one at the Microsoft store?
PS. I have been exchanging SB for two times and I get a little bit tired and disappointed.
First time, I get the same problem on the SB i5 8 256, then I exchanged a new one with more problem such as the touch pad didn't work some time. So I have to exchanged it again. This time I add some money to buy the new SB i7. But the sound like spring shacking appears again.
Before that ,I love surface, I bought surface pro and surface pro3 without hesitation. But this experience really hurt my heart.
f5a3abc46a3565f7ee5d90e049990f0c.jpg

However Happy Thanksgiving

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You should exchange the Surface Book if it bothers you. Sorry for the trouble. Congrats on the i7.

bangsters

When you press the button, it plays a sound that makes it appear the latch is coming off, but that is purely just on the speakers. Is that what you're hearing, or totally something else? The actual latch doesn't have any sound.

wynand32

And it was unknown to me, but apparently the sound is made even when the volume is turned down. Which makes sense, because it's the only feedback other than the notification that anything is happening.