bluetoothin pics from andriod to surface

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by sean_scouser, Sep 29, 2014.

1. sean_scouser

sean_scouser Member

I had Bluetooth on my old Sony Vaio what my surface replaced

I am trying to send pics of my timesheets in work from a Samsung galaxy s4 to my surface

With my old laptop it wasn't a problem pics videos what ever bluetoothed straight across

My surface sees my phone and pairs with it but when I click send to surface on my phone nothing happens on the surface , on my laptop I get the message do you want to receive file

Just get a message on my phone send failed

I did find a way round it using one drive but when am at work I can't do this as internets rubbish

2. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Others may chime in here, but I believe the Bluetooth on the SP3, at the moment, is somewhat buggy. I have had issues connecting to devices, that I don't have on other laptops besides my SP3.

One option might be, could you plug in the phone to the SP3 with a USB cable? Then hopefully you would be able to see your phone's Pictures folder, and get the timesheet pics from out of there?

3. sean_scouser

sean_scouser Member

Ye I can plug the phone it but then its looking through folders etc Bluetooth is just handy like , owe well hopefully further updates will improve the Bluetooth , with everything that's so good with the surface I can deal with this minor problem

4. nipponham

nipponham Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Go to desktop and check the notification area for the bluetooth icon. Press it and you will see options to send or receive a file. Press receive to download the file from your phone.

sean_scouser likes this.
  5. sean_scouser

sean_scouser Member

Thanks very much for that info appreciate it

6. Liam2349

Liam2349 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Honestly, I can't remember the last time I sent a file over bluetooth. It must have been like 5 years ago.

I would recommend just putting files into OneDrive and syncing that way if possible.

7. sean_scouser

sean_scouser Member

Ye that was the solution to my problem one drive , but I mentioned in first post WiFi is rubbish on the ship I work so usually Bluetooth the timesheets to me laptop

8. Seneleron

Seneleron Active Member

Or you could just plug it in via cable. Ok, not as much fun as bluetooth, but just about as fast.

PS: I can't vouch for anyone else, but since the last update my bluetooth is FINALLY rock solid. prior, my Bluetooth headset would constantly connect/disconnect, hasn't done it ONCE since that last update.