Can anyone explain this to me please?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by next_milenium, Sep 6, 2016.

1. next_milenium

next_milenium Member

What is adaptive hibernation?

Every time I put my SP4 to sleep, it "dozes" to hibernate after 30-40 minutes and when I run the sleepstudy, it says it "Dozed to hibernate since it predicted the user to be away..."

I have it never to hibernate under the power settings but I guess this "adaptive hibernation" thing over rides it?

2. dcoplien

dcoplien Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Adaptive hibernate - Windows 10 hardware dev

3. next_milenium

next_milenium Member

Thanks for that information.

I wish there was a way to either disable it or extend the time before it hibernates. Resuming from hibernate is fast so it's no big deal but users should be able to disable it if they wish.

4. clouds5

clouds5 New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I'm pretty new to the surface world, so this could be something completely different :D But I have a setting I can tick "save energy when the device detects that the user is away" or something. Sounds a lot like what you are describing?
    Also I think you can set the full hibernate timer (the mode that requires a 5sec boot time) in the legacy energy options. On mine it was set to 120min by default. So if I put it down and don't use it for 2h it will enter hibernation. Works very consistently for me so far, felt no need to change that.