What's new

Clicking Power Button Shutting Down Device

Cimmerian

I installed some updates today and now when I click the power button it shuts down the device opposed to just putting it to sleep like it used to. Have already lost unsaved work due to this... Anyone else having this problem or have had this problem and found a solution?

Here's a screen shot for my update history today:
Update_History.png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you gone into options to see what action is associated with pressing the power button?

Off the top of my head I think that it is osettings>system>power and battery>advanced options>choose what power button does

OP
Cimmerian

Cimmerian

I could have sworn there was a setting for that but couldn't seem to find it, thanks! Still really weird though, the fact that I can't even remember where that option is should be a testament to me not changing it. It seems that the new update automatically changed that setting for me, but I haven't hear of anyone else having the issue... I did do a clean restore recently but I could have sworn that it was working after that and stopped working after the newest update.

That fixed it though, thanks! :)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could have sworn there was a setting for that but couldn't seem to find it, thanks! Still really weird though, the fact that I can't even remember where that option is should be a testament to me not changing it. It seems that the new update automatically changed that setting for me, but I haven't hear of anyone else having the issue... I did do a clean restore recently but I could have sworn that it was working after that and stopped working after the newest update.

That fixed it though, thanks! :)

seems updates often reset a number of preferences. I get it all the time be it asking me again what o want it to do when i remove the keyboard, or resorting to password instead of pin when first logging in. I agree though, they seem to have made it very very tricky to find certain things within settings.