Help! I cant find radius menu in OneNote!

Discussion in 'Surface 3 (Atom)' started by eix, May 26, 2015.

1. eix

eix New Member

My Device:
    Surface 3 (Atom)
    I've just bought S3 for 3 days. First, I was using OneNote that was pre-installed with S3 and found that there was no ribbon toolbar that I needed for voice recording, so I activate OneNote in Office 365 version instead. The ribbon showed up in the latter version but the radius menu that used to appear when I touch the screen disappeared and a rectangular mini-toolbar showed up instead.
    Do you know to active radius menus? I've been trying to figure that out through forums on the internet but it seems hopeless.

Attached Files:

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

I don't think the radius function is there in the desktop version of OneNote, only the free 'modern' version.

3. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

The radial menu was always MUI onenote only last time i was on windows 8.1, because it is more touch accessible. The idea of desktop onenote is that you are using your surface as a desktop, with mouse and keyboard, where touch is irrelevant and everything you need is a mouse click away.

When i use onenote 2013 i just make sure to have the Draw ribon open while i work, then i simply hit the new pen i want to change to. Can also pin them to the top of the program as shortcuts.

4. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Correct. Desktop is more full-featured than Metro, but Metro has the Radial menu and is optimized for touch.

5. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Had to go and show me up with a nice concise and simple explanation ;) I forgive you. I tend to ramble after a few drinks. But a job offer is a job offer so drinking must be done! (I like this site. A good balance between silly and sensible. Keeps me in check)

6. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Ha ha definitely not trying to show you up. I've just given it a lot of thought. The whole thing annoys me really, I greatly prefer the Radial menu, it is just awesome on a touch device, and just looks cool to use. But having cut my teeth on OneNote 2003 and using it steadily since then, I find Metro very underpowered/ lacking in features.

Anyways cheers, drink on.... :cool: