What's new

help! Is this malware??

baydude

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
42
Points
8
Are these two apps malware? Just got my i7 two days ago and notice these apps installed and I can't uninstall them. Ive been downloading random YouTube and various apps from the Windows store but dont recall these two. Any idea on how to uninstall these?

CinemaP-1.4 and Shopper-Pro

ZEjgW4N.jpg
 
Some may consider them as Malware and I would definitely call the Shopper app malware. The other one looks like an add-on you got to watch movies. The shopper app was probably an extra toolbar that got installed. Either way, run Malwarebytes and if it determines there is malware on your Surface it will offer to remove it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/lp4_r/?gclid=COS8u7ut-L8CFSMV7AodsysANA
 
I agree with the recommendation for Malwarebytes. Shopper Pro is an adware app that can change system settings and cause ad pop ups, track browsing etc. You might be able to remove it through Programs in the Control panel, but some of those browser add ons are stubborn and don't want to leave.
Edited typo
 
Back
Top