What's new

Is the Keyboard Supposed to Drain Before the Clipboard?

I can go a majority of the day without using the SB in tablet mode, but my clipboard portion battery still drains substantially. I used the clipboard only for about 5 minutes today and both batteries are showing in the 30-40% range. I thought the keyboard battery was supposed to be primarily used when connected so the clipboard maintained battery for when it would be disconnected.

Not sure if this is normal or not. If anyone has any comments, please let me know. Thanks.

jason10mm

I've only had mine for a week but it seems to draw from both batteries the same. Seems odd to not use the base first but maybe they want both batteries worked the same so they age the same.

ncameron

It is designed to use the Keyboard battery first when unplugged, and to recharge the Clipboard first when plugged in - that is what happens on mine.
You may want to perform a two-button restart to reset the battery chip...

Last edited:

Orlbuckeye

I can go a majority of the day without using the SB in tablet mode, but my clipboard portion battery still drains substantially. I used the clipboard only for about 5 minutes today and both batteries are showing in the 30-40% range. I thought the keyboard battery was supposed to be primarily used when connected so the clipboard maintained battery for when it would be disconnected.

Not sure if this is normal or not. If anyone has any comments, please let me know. Thanks.

Mine drains from both but the capacity of the battery life in the base is at least 3 times longer than the clipboard battery.