What's new

Kickstand blocks rear camera if opened at widest angle (and other rants)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

cwy

Don't feed the trolls, it only makes them grow.
You people just hate the fact that I'm the bearer of bad news. I'm the IT manager of my company, my friends, and I'm required to make fast evaluation for products my company potentially wants to buy. With Win8.1Pro, this clearly has potential for the workspace, but boy, does it suck big balls.

OP
C

cwy

My regular camera doesn't take pictures with the lens cover on but I don't consider it a defect. I guess they could or should have put a hole in it?
The difference is that the lens cover does what it is supposed to do, whereas the kickstand blocking the camera is clearly a design oversight.

ctitanic

I mean, how stupid is this? The cameras are lousy enough as they are, so why compound it with such stupidity.

I'm barely 24 hours into using this piece of scientific wonder, and I've seen all the lockups, bugs, wi-fi issues, pen issues, and stupid features that I care to see. I'm pretty much ready to return this to the lemon factory.

Windows Store still has sucky selections after 3 years. I guess no one wants to write apps for such a sucky platform.

For $800 I can buy a REAL laptop with FOURTEEN-inch screen, 500GB solid-state drive, multiple USB ports, standard SD card slot.

In short, this Surface line is NEVER going to stack up to other tablets nor other laptops, let alone replacing them. It will be another failed attempt at the mobile market by Microsoft just like Tablet PCs and Pocket PCs.
No question about it, it's not for your. You should return it as soon as possible. It will make your life miserable if your keep it.

ipaq_101

Thread closed, this thread doesn't do anything to help the community.

Frankly I am getting tired of I am returning it because it can't do this and that threads.

The SP3 wasn't meant to do everything for everyone, it has pros and cons and if the cons outweigh the pros in your case then end of story, I am sure you will find an alternative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.