What's new

Locked out of Surface Pro 2017 Advanced LTE

Plantje

I have a Surface Pro 2017 Advanced LTE. A while ago I installed Windows 11 on it and everything seemed fine. At times I got a BSOD but nothing to worry about. Windows 11 was running great!

Unfortunately the past few weeks I am getting more and more BSODs. So, I thought: let's first refresh Windows 11 and perhaps after that doesn't fix the issue just go back to Windows 10. The reinstall process of Windows 11 also pulled up some BSODs, but it is done.

Unfortunately now I get this and can't get past this!

Basically it asks me to login, but the account is disabled and I cannot use another account.

Attachments

• 20230831_201935.jpg
    20230831_201935.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230831_201957.jpg
    20230831_201957.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230831_202005.jpg
    20230831_202005.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 18

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just a SWAG but I'd guess borked by blue screens ... The key is what's causing the bluescreens and in my experience, a system that bluescreens during setup is usually because of hardware problems. at least for most commercial systems. A homebrew might have incompatibilities or driver issues but that's rare with Commercial off the shelf systems, especially when it worked before.

Maybe try restoring a Microsoft Recovery Image to at least establish it will run stably on known good configuration.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

Also got some responses on the Microsoft community: Redirecting

So, I did restore a Microsoft image. Sometimes it runs for hours and then I have multiple BSODs withing 15 minutes :(

OP
Plantje

Plantje

Currently running the Surface Diagnostics toolkit while watching this video:
. Hopefully either one of them works. If the SSD is broken and unfixable or if it is impossible to stop using specific parts of the SSD then this computer can be regarded as trash.

Unless anyone knows of any options in the Netherlands to replace the SSD.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

I am however somewhat hesitant towards removing all partitions... Sometimes the machine continues to work for hours and hours without any issues :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes, not always, those event log entries that contain the Blue Screen code provide some of us with Orwellian powers ;) vague hints that point in a particular direction... Perhaps you can dig some out and post them.

of you can GooBing those numbers (0xHNHNHNHN) and see what the Internet HiveMind has to say.

Last edited: