Long time MS user, first time Surface user

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Site Assistance' started by JordanAT, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JordanAT

JordanAT Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Okay, so I still have disks for Windows 1.02. I used and in-house evaluated Windows NT for my office back in the mid 90s. I've used most editions of Windows since the beginning, though I sidestepped ME and Vista almost completely, and only had a single laptop running W8/8.1. That laptop was a Sony Flip - 15.6" convertible with n-trig pen.

I'm in the process of trying to replace my desktop with the SP4. I never game, and most of my daily programs are primarily single-threaded. BUT, I use a buttload of real-estate and will likely be switching from a 3-head 4960x1600 desktop to a 2x 4k desktop (plus the SP4 screen). It will be plugged into it's dock ~70% of the time, but will be guaranteed to be wireless pretty much every day, and hopefully follow me into the field (building site for architectural projects) to be used as a portable reference and note-taking machine.

:)

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Welcome aboard.

3. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Welcome, @JordanAT

It sounds like the SP4 will be the right machine, and this forum is the right place, for you.