Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by dascrow, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dascrow

dascrow Administrator Staff Member

What a interesting article and I'd have to agree!

Source: People are saying that Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple

2. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

It is hard to disagree. There is no denying Apples ability to perfect (debatable) existing tech innovations which never quite took off, but it has been many years since they actually innovated anything significant.

To me all you have to look at is the pen.touch capability of windows and the devices available that are making use of it. Nothing MS or others do will really have any effect on where the money goes imo, but in terms of innovation, first the surface, surface book, now this surface studio. It is mind boggling how Apple have let their actual technology become so irrelevant compared to the competition. If they were any other company, without the blind loyalty they enjoy, they would be in HTC's position (although one can argue at least HTC still try and innovate even if they are rapidly going the way of blackberry or nokia in terms of hardware.

3. BubbaUK

BubbaUK Member

"Let the settlers take the arrows" is probably Apple's corporate mantra now. When they need "innovation", just buy it in. Makes a lot of business sense (about $46.85 billion for the last quarter).

4. mva5580

mva5580 Member

My Device:
    None
    I'm not going to get into the "Which soulless corporation is better than the other" argument but I went to an MS Store yesterday and I have to say, that Surface Studio is a damn nice piece of technology. I'm not an artist/creative type so it's not for me but still, that monitor. Whew.

5. CaptainTime

CaptainTime Member

The Surface Studio is amazing. Computer technology seemed to have plateaued and I don't even look at the Best Buy flyers any more for the latest and greatest computer equipment.

When I saw the Surface Studio, this was the first time I was excited about a computer in years.

I probably won't purchase one yet, as I don't do a lot of media and drawing, but I am certainly impressed by the innovation and would own one if money were no object.