Microsoft Reveals the Surface Pro 4; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Here's the big news of the Microsoft event, and the most important product to show off for our members... the new Surface Pro 4. Microsoft took the Surface Pro 4 to a whole new level, packing nearly everything people asked for into this already amazing product.

Here's a breakdown of hardware and features for the new Surface Pro 4 from Microsoft:
    • 6th-generation Intel Core processor - 30% faster than the Surface Pro 3 and 50% faster than the MacBook Air
    • 16GB of RAM
    • 1TB of storage - 3
    • 12.3-inch 0.4mm Gorilla Glass display 5 million pixels and 267 ppi
    • New Surface Pen with 1 year of battery life - magnetic body so users can simply attach it to the tablet - also compatible with many of the apps running on the Surface Pro 4 - includes a built-in digital eraser that can also launch Cortana - multiple color options - included standard with the Surface Pro 4
    Microsoft previewed several other accessories for the Surface Pro 4 as well:
    • Surface Pro 4 docking station features multiple ports, including 4 USB 3.0 ports, two 4K DisplayPorts and an ethernet port
    • New Type Cover includes an integrated backlit keyboard - a scissor design and a glass (!) trackpad - 40% larger than the trackpad on the old Type Cover - thinner and lighter than the Type Cover Microsoft released last year - now has a built-in fingerprint reader on the right of the keyboard
    The Surface Pro 4 will start shipping on October 26th, and preorders begin on October 7th for $899.

wicked likes this.
  2. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Here's a video for the new Surface Pro 4:

3. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

Nice!

4. Kif

Kif Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Is the old SP3 docking station compatible with the SP4? I thought Microsoft made a guarantee it would be.

5. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I didn't hear any guarantee but it did seem that the parts are interchangeable.

6. Kif

Kif Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Thanks. I guess we'll see. :) I'm not trying to beat Microsoft up I just trying to see what my options might be rolling forward.

My understanding was from this blog post: Surface Pro 3 is for Business Especially - Surface Blog

But now that we have begun to establish our place in the market, we are pleased to share that the following Surface Pro 3 accessories are designed with our product roadmap in mind and will be compatible with the next generation of the “Pro” line of Surface:
    • Today’s Surface Pro 3 Type Covers
    • Our “infrastructure” accessories such as our power adapter, Ethernet adapter, and more
    • The Surface Pro 3 Docking Station

7. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

The right side appears unchanged so that might imply it fits and would work.
    ms3_2040.0.jpg

8. Kif

Kif Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I think you're correct. I would be glad to fully test it out if Microsoft were to provide me a seed unit. ;)

GreyFox7 likes this.
  9. gw62112009

gw62112009 New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    No gps and still one usb port? Guess they didnt listen very good