my sp2 just died :-(

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by Sihaz, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Sihaz

Sihaz Member

got a blue screen of death that said something about kernel security error. now it'll only boot to uefi. MS are going to send me a replacement. they didn't really seem to think there was any way to get it working again. do you guys have any bright ideas before I send it back? I've tried changing all the settings in the uefi but still no dice. cheers, si

2. benjitek

benjitek Active Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    Wonder if the contents of your hard drive are still there? If so, how it could be wiped before sending it in...

3. Sihaz

Sihaz Member

not sure but I was worried about that too. the MS rep insisted if the drive was readable they would wipe it but I can't get to it myself to be sure. I tried booting from my usb recovery drive but when I try to recover the machine it says the hard drive is locked so it looks like there is a problem reading the ssd...

4. Sihaz

Sihaz Member

Well I got my replacement surface today. Pretty quick turnaround. Seems in perfect condition other than a tiny bit of finish missing from the power socket. Seeing as mine was a bit scuffed I'm cool with that. Hope this one lasts a bit longer though. Only got 7 months out of the first one!