What's new

new sb pro 4 and new to Windows 10, a bumpy road.

LenV

I love the promise of this machine but it has been a bumpy start. The most disappointing event has been Microsoft positively affirming to me that the touch keyboard for the pro 4 does not support the Microsoft wireless adapter and that there is no known solution for the foreseeable future. For my needs, this is almost a deal breaker. Moreover, the tech person admitted with chagrin that the advertising is false / misleading.

Also, if someone can tell me how to start a new thread in one of the other forum locations I would appreciate it. Thank you.

OP
L

LenV

I love the promise of this machine but it has been a bumpy start. The most disappointing event has been Microsoft positively affirming to me that the touch keyboard for the pro 4 does not support the Microsoft wireless adapter and that there is no known solution for the foreseeable future. For my needs, this is almost a deal breaker. Moreover, the tech person admitted with chagrin that the advertising is false / misleading.

Also, if someone can tell me how to start a new thread in one of the other forum locations I would appreciate it. Thank you.
To clarify, I am speaking about the microsoft wireless adapter for typing covers.

leeshor

I have connected the SP4 type cover using the Microsoft wireless adapter to both an SP4 and SP3. But you aren't the only person to say it couldn't be done. I actually had bought it for for my Niece's husband for his SP3 but when I took it over his was at work so I hooked it up to the SP4 my Niece has. Worked for me.

In a subforum you should see a blue button top right to start a new thread.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@LenV

I own a Wireless Keyboard Adapter, which I previously used with the Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3. The adapter can Bluetooth Pair with my Surface Book, but does not operate the keyboard.

OP
L

LenV

@LenV

I own a Wireless Keyboard Adapter, which I previously used with the Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3. The adapter can Bluetooth Pair with my Surface Book, but does not operate the keyboard.
Yes the sp4 will show it as paired, but the keyboard does not operate.