new sb pro 4 and new to Windows 10, a bumpy road.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Site Assistance' started by LenV, Dec 24, 2015.

1. LenV

LenV New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I love the promise of this machine but it has been a bumpy start. The most disappointing event has been Microsoft positively affirming to me that the touch keyboard for the pro 4 does not support the Microsoft wireless adapter and that there is no known solution for the foreseeable future. For my needs, this is almost a deal breaker. Moreover, the tech person admitted with chagrin that the advertising is false / misleading.

Also, if someone can tell me how to start a new thread in one of the other forum locations I would appreciate it. Thank you.

2. LenV

LenV New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    To clarify, I am speaking about the microsoft wireless adapter for typing covers.

3. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I have connected the SP4 type cover using the Microsoft wireless adapter to both an SP4 and SP3. But you aren't the only person to say it couldn't be done. I actually had bought it for for my Niece's husband for his SP3 but when I took it over his was at work so I hooked it up to the SP4 my Niece has. Worked for me.

In a subforum you should see a blue button top right to start a new thread.

4. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    @LenV

I own a Wireless Keyboard Adapter, which I previously used with the Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3. The adapter can Bluetooth Pair with my Surface Book, but does not operate the keyboard.

5. LenV

LenV New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Yes the sp4 will show it as paired, but the keyboard does not operate.