What's new

On Fire

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Heating and overheating has been discussed in several threads and isn't poll worthy so the poll was removed.

I can only assume you got burned. Sorry for that.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The surface pro gets hot enough to burn you so watch out. :mad:
Hmm, well not normally. If you actually got burned you should return/exchange the device for a new one if within the return/exchange period or contact support for a replacement. All products are subject to defects and malfunctions.

CrippsCorner

The hottest my Surface ever gets makes it unable to be held... and strangely enough I've found that on The Game of Life on Steam.

It's a terribly old, graphically rubbish game and I'm really surprised it does that to it! Especially when newer games let it run cooler. What's that all about, poor coding? Maybe it's something to do with being unable to run it in full screen mode.

I'll fire up the processor performance thingy next time and see what it's doing.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The hottest my Surface ever gets makes it unable to be held... and strangely enough I've found that on The Game of Life on Steam.

It's a terribly old, graphically rubbish game and I'm really surprised it does that to it! Especially when newer games let it run cooler. What's that all about, poor coding? Maybe it's something to do with being unable to run it in full screen mode.

I'll fire up the processor performance thingy next time and see what it's doing.
The hottest mine has gotten is pleasantly toasty but not so hot that you'd remove your hand and I have run all sorts of benchmarks on the thing even for extended periods. Now, I do like to use a heating pad once in a while but I'm much more heat sensitive than when I worked in a restaurant so unholdable seems to me as; not normal.

I would definitely agree, that game is badly coded.

OP
S

S S

I was playing asphalt 8 airborne. Then it just got to hot to quick. I could not sit it down fast enough, before my finger was burnt. (I was not going to drop it) So just watch out.
Oh yeah, this is the 10th one that I have had replaced so far. :( :confused:

olimjj

I was playing asphalt 8 airborne. Then it just got to hot to quick. I could not sit it down fast enough, before my finger was burnt. (I was not going to drop it) So just watch out.
I think you might be eligible for the Guiness Book of Records for maximum returns on one device.:eek:

kundas1

it's not only how old the game is, it has to do with the game was very very poorly coded...

CrippsCorner

That's frustrating, I play this game on my iPhone and it doesn't even get warm :rolleyes: just updated Goat Simulator though and it kept my hands toasty over my lunch break lol.