What's new

Password Manager app SP3

bluegrass

Pick an extremely strong password that is unique to the safe alone, and don't write it anywhere, don't tell it to anyone. The chance that it will be hacked is essentially zero if your password is reasonably strong, and the additional security you'll gain by not having any passwords shared across accounts, and none written or saved anywhere else will far outweigh that small risk. Hackers, like most thieves, look for the easy targets. With a decent password safe you are not an easy target.

I don't know how I've worked with computers all these years without one of these password apps, whatever they are.

zhenya

I don't know how I've worked with computers all these years without one of these password apps, whatever they are.

We all did and it seemed just fine.

However, once you set one up, few can imagine going back. It has literally freed my mind a great deal as I no longer have to expend any thought on passwords, yet I'm more secure than ever. At the office, I no longer have any patience for users who come to me for support and want to waste my time dealing with passwords. Can't remember? Reset it and figure it out on your own.

If you've ever had to type in several passwords to figure out which one is the right one, or had to resort to resetting a password via email, then a password manager is for you. If you haven't, then your password scheme is far more insecure than using a manager.

GTiceman

I use KeePass and have been for years, even keep Software Keys in it. I keep my container on my OneDrive and one on my Google Drive. I only use the master key, though I used to use the key file which is also a great layer of security.

I use PassKeep on my SP3 and it is pretty simple, free, and easy.

Nuspieds

I use LastPass, LastPass for Applications, and RoboForm.

RoboForm is used only as an exception; that is, when LastPass doesn't work with a particular site or application.