What's new

Powering on SP7

Eight1Eight

My sp7 does not turn on when pressing power button. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft. I have tried a couple I've seen on YouTube. Including

Pressing power for 30 sec, releasing and quickly press power and volume up for 15 seconds.

I've also pressed volume up and volume down IN A rocking fashion

Nothing gives. I'm in desperate mode because I have some important paperwork due tomorrow. I have resorted to removing the screen to see what I can do to turn on from inside. I did this many years ago on a Dell laptop. Actually, I saw someone doing to my laptop. I had him do it because I was in a similar bind. I believe he shorted a circuit. I don't remember.

Can any advise of a method to turn on my sp7 using internal component?

CoconutColonel

This is why it's good to have a backup computer, so you're ready to go if your main computer breaks. Also, if you try to short parts without knowing what you're doing, you'll probably just make the Surface even more broken.

OP
E

Eight1Eight

This is why it's good to have a backup computer, so you're ready to go if your main computer breaks. Also, if you try to short parts without knowing what you're doing, you'll probably just make the Surface even more broken.
Boss, i have been kicking myself for days for not having a backup. I already scolded myself at least 10 times, Ive already call my self stupid, idiot, pendejo, idiota, estupido and pretty much every insult related to stupid in both English and Spanish over at least 15 times, punch 2 holes in my bathroom door, screamed "what a fucken dumbass" or "that's what you get moron" at the top of my lungs 2 times.

And I know what the ramifications are and am willing to take the risk out of desperation. Know you are just being annoying

CoconutColonel

Know you are just being annoying
Know that I can not read your mind. I had no way of knowing that you were already aware of your mistake in not having a backup computer, until you told me.

Also know that this is a public forum, not private messaging. Even if I somehow could have known that you were already aware of your mistake, I wasn't just talking to you. I was talking to everyone reading this thread, and giving them advice which you wholeheartedly agree with.

Anyway: Calling yourself "stupid" over and over isn't helping. You made a boneheaded move, true, but it happens. Everyone makes a boneheaded move from time to time!

OP
E

Eight1Eight

Know that I can not read your mind. I had no way of knowing that you were already aware of your mistake in not having a backup computer, until you told me.

Also know that this is a public forum, not private messaging. Even if I somehow could have known that you were already aware of your mistake, I wasn't just talking to you. I was talking to everyone reading this thread, and giving them advice which you wholeheartedly agree with.

Anyway: Calling yourself "stupid" over and over isn't helping. You made a boneheaded move, true, but it happens. Everyone makes a boneheaded move from time to time!
I did not imply that you I knew you could read my mind and I'll leave it at that, you seemed bothered and I'm not in the mood to have to go back in fourth with you. It's seems like your intentions is to create conflict because your response added no value to my issue. I'll shut up, sorry. You won, you got me. I'm moving on. Go ahead argue. I'm exiting this conversation with you. Enjoy the rest of your week.