Pro worth buying?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by ProOrNo, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ProOrNo

ProOrNo New Member

Hi,

I have found a Surface Pro 128gb on sale that I believe is new-old-stock (waiting on email confirmation) and I am thinking of getting one to replace a stolen Pro 2 as I prefer the 10" size to the Pro 3.

What are the down sides to the Pro over the Pro 2?

Thanks

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    mwsvette likes this.
  3. mwsvette

mwsvette New Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    I have both the SP1 and SP2. The SP2 is definitely better but I kept my SP1 256 as a back up because it worked great. If you can get a good enough deal the SP1 is still a good computer.

4. Wayne Orwig

Wayne Orwig Active Member

IMHO, battery life was the main difference. Depending on how you plan to use it, a good price on the SP1 will more that make up for it.

I didn't know they ever made a SP1 with 256gb.

5. mwsvette

mwsvette New Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    Yes it has 256gb ssd but only 4gb of ram. When I found the great deal on the SP2 with 256ssd, 8gb ram and the 4300u cpu. I had to upgrade.

6. ProOrNo

ProOrNo New Member

Thanks fore the quick responses and information. I have decided against the SP1. The vendor claimed it was New (probably is) , but was carrying the warranty themselves. Not something I would jump at with no msoft warranty.

The battery issue would not have mattered much as I have the Power Typecover with another 4+ hours within. When the SP2 was stolen I did not have the cover attached so I have half a complete computer. :)

I am looking for something reasonably priced to replace the SP2. A 64g and it's 3rd gen i5 would be more than adequate for my needs. Msoft are out of stock of SP2 64g and I cannot run to 900-bucks for a 128G.

I have an aversion to buying used, so not much of an option there unless I can get a free return and full refund if it turns out to be faulty after a few weeks. Intermittent faults being what they are, I am not a fan of "refurbished" either.