Should I buy a SP in Canada or US?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by dream3, Jul 27, 2013.

1. dream3

dream3 New Member

Hello!

Im traveling in north america and Ive already purchased a Surface in Canada. Sadly I had to return it twice in 2 different stores due to pixel and light issues. (pretty bad luck) Now Im on my way to the US and im thinking: Where should I buy it? Should I give it a shot in the US? Im kind of sick of trying it in Canada.

Is it safe and simple to return/exchange inthe US as it is in Canada?

Would you favor one place over the other or it's all the same?

Thanks!

2. lostlogik

lostlogik New Member

I'd buy it wherever you want/ can. I live in the UK and bought one from the US (before they were available in UK). Had a warranty issue, by which time they were available in UK, and just returned it locally without any issue from MS.

3. dream3

dream3 New Member

Nice! So the warranty can be claimed in other countries as long as microsoft officially sells the surface there? Is that it?

4. lostlogik

lostlogik New Member

I believe it's more a case of warranties must be honoured internationally but if MS sell the product locally they will have the processes/logistics in place to accept returns locally.

In my case I first contacted MS before they were selling in the SP in the UK. They were happy to honour the warranty but I had to return the SP to the USA. As that was inconvenient for me at the time, the issue wasn't system critical and I knew they'd start selling the SP in the UK in a couple of months, I waited. Once the UK was an official market, I contacted MS again, they took in my SP locally and I had my replacement by return.

5. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    That's actually pretty cool to know, the support team seems to be doing something right for once!