What's new

Sleep Study missing drainage values and orange sleeps

Kugelfang

Hi,

i recently updated my SP 4 to finally get the connected standby working. So far it is working well. Interetsingly i had to unsinstall the Samsung drivers for the SSD to get in working properly. Judging from the sleepstudy report the device eneters DRIPS. However i noticed that the actual values for drainage are missing. In addition most of the sleeps are marked as orange in the overall report. Does anyone have an idea whats going on with my machine?
overall report.JPG last session.JPG

Yillbs

The orange is basically a " warning " , letting you know something happened, and it wasn't really " good ", or " bad ". In this case, your SP4 was in standby, and battery was drained, as it should have been, it was a sleep for a very long time, multiple times wen't into hibernation. This is what a working SP4 should look like. By working, I mean funcitoning properly. However, i'm curious, are you asking just to ask?

OP
K

Kugelfang

thanks for the input. the orange green thing was just curiosity, however this still leaves the open question why does the report do not show any numbers for the milliamps (mA) used?

leeshor

There could be several things going on but they all may be related to the SD card. If something is syncing from the card and it isn't working at 100%, if the card's file system is corrupted, if you have a fake card. The list goes on.

leeshor

Quite a few people have gotten errors running SFC where there were NOT any problems. It appears to be a bug in the system when Skylake is the processor.

Mikhoul

thanks for the input. the orange green thing was just curiosity, however this still leaves the open question why does the report do not show any numbers for the milliamps (mA) used?

I have the same problem here. everything was fine with my previous sleepstudy in January tha had the
ENERGY CHANGE and the CHANGE RATE but today my report is like your report without any numbers for "Energy change" and "Change rate". :oops:

Have you found a solution to have it back ?

Regards :)

Mikhoul

Hi,

i recently updated my SP 4 to finally get the connected standby working. So far it is working well. Interetsingly i had to unsinstall the Samsung drivers for the SSD to get in working properly. Judging from the sleepstudy report the device eneters DRIPS. However i noticed that the actual values for drainage are missing. In addition most of the sleeps are marked as orange in the overall report. Does anyone have an idea whats going on with my machine?
View attachment 7922 View attachment 7923

I found the fix for this situation it seem it is due to a recent (Feb-March 2016) bug /regression introduced by an update to Windows 10 that touch everybody that have a country that use comma "," as decimal separator instead of point "." like in USA, comma as decimal separator doesn't seem to go well with battery report and sleep study. :cool:

Here's a script that automatize the start of Slepp Study and change the "," to the "." for running "powercfg" and revert it back to the "," as soon the Sleep Study is generated. It's done via registry.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /t REG_SZ /v sDecimal /d . /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /t REG_SZ /v sThousand /d , /f

cd /d C:\Sleep and Battery Reports\Sleep Study

powercfg /sleepstudy /output "test.html"

FOR /F %%A IN ('WMIC OS GET LocalDateTime ^| FINDSTR \.') DO @SET B=%%A
ren test.html %B:~0,4%-%B:~4,2%-%B:~6,2%.html

REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /t REG_SZ /v sDecimal /d , /f
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /t REG_SZ /v sThousand /d . /f

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Just copy and paste the code in a text editor and save it as SleepStudyFix.bat or any name you want.

Regards ! :)

<remove unapproved link and donation link>

Last edited by a moderator: