What's new

Surface Pro 3 shows battery missing, but still functions

Tekz

Currently it works fine, it chargers, but I can't see the charger level. It shows the battery is not detected. Any tips to resolve this?

I've ran every windows update I could find, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.

I'm not sure what else to try. Appreciate any help!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a shot in the dark but a complete reinstall might be worth a try, aka Reset or Refresh. Id go with the Reset on this one which will wipe all files and reset to factory condition.

It might be a peculiar hardware issue so even a Reset may not fix it.

OR ... You have gotten a leaked Stealth Battery technology unit that was supposed to go to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency but somehow go into the retail supply chain... be on the lookout for them gubmint agents. :D

phositadc

Currently it works fine, it chargers, but I can't see the charger level. It shows the battery is not detected. Any tips to resolve this?

I've ran every windows update I could find, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.

Boot into bios, and then just reboot from there into Windows.

seyclone

At the bottom right of the screen between the keyboard symbol and the flag, there is a little up-arrow. Left click on the arrow and see the running apps that are not on the task bar. Chances are that the battery symbol is one of those items. If it's there, move the pointer over it and hold a left click - move it to the task bar.