What's new

Surface Pro - Bought in March 2013

bbedsaul

Hi there,
I bought a surface Pro in March of last year. About 1 week ago I heard a a loud abnormal noise that I believe was a cooling fan.
I shut it down and blew out the vents that I could find. It started up and continued to make the sound. It stopped all of a sudden and has not made the sound since. It is very cold here in WA right now and I use it outside mostly. It seems to be running pretty hot and the weather is warming up. I am almost at the end of my warranty I think.

I am planning to take it to the service center that I bought it from shortly so please save those great pieces of advise.
Has anyone else ran into this problem? I Google'd it and didn't see any other posts anywhere except how hard these are to work on.
Any thoughts??

Brando~ Washington State

oion

Running hot and working in the cold, could be thermal shock in an unhappy component, but that's a complete guess, of course. Since you're planning on taking it in anyway, I don't see why you want a second opinion/guess about that. Most importantly, if it's still running, backup everything before taking it in, as they may just do a replacement.