What's new

Surface Pro hook-like object on the charger

marvsipaski

Hi guys,

I am new here in this forum. I must say that the Surface Pro is one of my best purchases as far as Windows machine is concerned. Anyway since I bought my Surface Pro last January, I am still wondering what is the purpose of the hook-like object in the charger / adapter. Thanks inadvance

14126960525_5a69557bf4_s.jpg

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you are speaking of the cable retainer clip. The idea is that when you coil up your charger wire, rather than tucking or tying the end, you use that little clip to any part of the coil. By the way, keep that clip far enough away from the magnetic end of the charger wire, so that you can attach that magnetic end to your Surface Pro without it getting in the way and making it difficult to get a snug contact.

CrippsCorner

Smallest picture ever!

Interesting usage idea there sharpcoloardo, but actually I've used it in a different way. I have my iPhone charger plugged into the USB socket of the Surface charger, and I use the clip to keep them parallel, certainly looks a lot neater :) maybe it's usage is down to interpretation!

GoodBytes

Smallest picture ever!

Interesting usage idea there sharpcoloardo, but actually I've used it in a different way. I have my iPhone charger plugged into the USB socket of the Surface charger, and I use the clip to keep them parallel, certainly looks a lot neater :) maybe it's usage is down to interpretation!

I think its you being creative, as I specially recall the hook being used when getting the charger out of the box